Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Three parts Skirt

This dress which my daughter like it very much especially the Bag that came with the dress.The body is a peasant top and skirt part is a 3 part skirt with pocket in front and ruffle at the bottom.
I used this skirt pattern as a pattern for the skirt I made.
But I ignored the pocket section.
Here are the parts
One center front (cut on fold)
Two side fronts
Two back

I made this skirt with corduroy fabric.Join side fronts to center front.Join two back portions.Join the elastic band to the front & back.Now join fron&Back.Add ruffle section to all around skirt at the bottom.Sew a casing at the top for elastic&leaving a opening to insert a elastic.cut a piece of elastic to fit waist plus 1".Insert a elastic through casing.Stitchends of the elastic together securely.Stitch opening closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment